Chris Bishop is a highly experienced consultant with over two decades experience helping clients achieve outcomes. Chris specialises in helping government agencies and businesses manage regulatory change.
Chris’ broad leadership experience covers:
- Finance and Economics (specialising in investment cases and financial modelling).
- Programme and project management.
- Public policy.
Chris’ career highlights include:
- Establishing MBIE’s Digital Economy work programme to maximise technology opportunities for business and communities
- Transforming the telecommunications sector including overseeing the structural separation of Telecom into Spark and Chorus
- Managing the government’s interests in the $2.25 billion ultra-fast broadband and rural broadband initiatives.
- Managing the implementation and stakeholder engagement of the digital monitoring of commercial fishing in New Zealand.
- Transforming the New Zealand dairy sector by programme managing the deal and integration planning stages of New Zealand’s largest merger (Fonterra).
- Leading the Pike River Drift Recovery Project Steering Group.
He qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2004 (retired 2019).
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce and Administration
AOG Job Level: Level 4