Richard has over 25 years’ policy and economic analysis experience in analysing problems and finding solutions in the private and public sectors. His key strengths are strategic economic analysis, policy development and implementation, cost-benefit analysis, business case development, and project management.
Most recently, Richard provided commercial and policy advice to the Treasury’s Firm Support Directorate that was established in March 2020 to provide advice and transactional capability in response to the impact of Covid-19 on NZ businesses.
Richard’s diverse experience covers policy leadership involving:
- the EQC Act review and policies to settle the Canterbury Earthquake claims.
- residential earthquake-prone buildings and residential building industry insurance market issues.
- land transport and conservation revenue policies.
- regulatory barriers to New Zealand exporters.
Richard’s extensive finance and economic analysis experience includes:
- Several investment cases and reviews for government agencies and state-owned enterprises.
- Asset valuation methodologies for regulated network industries.
- Regulatory reporting in the telecommunications sector.
Professional Industry Memberships
Fellow Engineering New Zealand
BA Honours (Economics), University of Otago
Better Business Cases Registered Practitioner, APMG International
Certificate of Investment Analysis, Securities Institute of Australia (FINSIA)
Advanced Economic Theory, London School of Economics, International Summer School.
Mobile 021 238 0111
AoG Job Level Level 4